Support for Development of Public Sector use of ICT under Economic Management and Technical Assistance Program (EMTAP)
Description of Project:
The Policy of the Government of Bangladesh aims at building an ICT-driven nation comprising of knowledge-based society. In view of this, a country-wide ICT-infrastructure will be developed to ensure access to information by every citizen to facilitate empowerment of people and enhance democratic values and norms for sustainable economic development by using the infrastructure for human resources development, governance, e-commerce, banking, public utility services and all sorts of on-line ICT-enabled services.
Description of actual services provided by your staff within the assignment
- Promote and facilitate use of ICT in all sectors of the economy for transparency, good governance and efficiency improvement.
- Develop a large pool of world-class ICT professionals to meet the needs of local and global markets.
- Promote use of ICT by providing special allocations for ICT project implementation in the public sector. Train the decision makers in ICT use and promote a ICT culture;
- Provide effective incentives for development of ICT sector to both local and foreign entrepreneurs;
- Develop an efficient ICT infrastructure that provides open access to international and national networks;
- Establish legislative and regulatory framework for ICT issues like IPR, data security and protection, digital signature, e-Commerce, ICT education etc. as well as to ensure quality ICT education provided by different private organizations.
- Set up national databases that are reliable and easily accessible to all the people of the country;
- Set up an ICT organization at the highest level to continuously promote and foster ICT Industry;
- Enact Laws and Regulations for uninterrupted growth of ICT, in conformity with World Trade Organization (WTO) stipulations.
Information and Communication Technology
Bangladesh Computer Council