Sector: Energy and Power
Description of the Project:
The objectives of the work were followings:
- To grasp energy consumption by sector, industrial sub-sector and building
- To grasp energy consumption of designated large energy consumers
- To grasp present situation of EE&C implementation by industrial sub-sector and building
- To grasp energy saving potential by industrial sub-sector and building
- To utilize the research data for drafting framework of EE&C policies such as energy management system, labelling system, building codes and finance system.
Description of actual services provided by your staff within the assignment:
The consulting team was working to achieve the following outputs:
- Output 1: To grasp energy consumption by sector, by industrial sub-sector and by building type (use) Primary energy and secondary energy consumption by sector (industries, businesses and households);to make break down by industrial sub-sector and building type (use); to estimate energy intensities such as by product, process and building floor area, etc.; and to lit up annual energy consumption of top-10 large energy consumers in each sub-sector.
- Output 2:To grasp present situation of EE&C implementation by industrial sub-sector and building, also to conduct comparison of energy intensities between Bangladesh and other countries which are advancing on EE&C.
- Output 3: To study and recommend energy saving potential at present, middle and long-terms, which was done by comparison of neighboring countries and foreign advanced countries situation.
- Output 4: To study and suggest possibility of EE&C implementation up to 2030. This matter was explained by intensity improvement, etc.
- Output 5: To summarize opinions on EE&C policies which were to be suggested in the experienced person meetings, and report.