Grant 0290 MLD: Inclusive MSME Development Project (MSMEDP) – MSME Institutional and Legal Enhancement Consultancy Package
e.Gen is supporting Ministry of Economic Development (MED), Republic of Maldives in implementing four components of the MSMEDP project:
- Component 1 – Strengthening of Business Development Services.
- Component 2 – Project Management Unit Support Services.
- Component 3 – Legal Support Services.
- Component 4 – Credit Guarantee & Access to Finance Services.
Component 1 – Strengthening of Business Development Services – This focuses on institutional strengthening of Business Development Service Centers (BDSCs) and Business Incubator Program through:
Assistance in establishing and operationalizing a network of 7 BDSCs.
- Market Research & Value Chain Mapping.
- Selection of priority sector value chains, Business Incubation support to MSMEs.
- Development of training modules and quality control standards.
- Training of 2500 MSMEs.
Component 2 – Project Management Unit Support Services – This involves providing overall project management and implementation support to the MSMEDP through the Central PMU at the Ministry of Economic Development. e.Gen’s scope of work includes:
- Development of Project management methodology and manual, progress reporting, and monitoring system.
- Augmenting gender impact through barrier removal, awareness and advocacy.
- Facilitating gender disaggregation of data.
- Developing women and youth focused training modules.
- Preparing gender action plan.
Component 3 – Legal Support Services – This involves strengthening program implementation capacity and enhancing enabling environment for MSME development through:
- Identification of legal gaps and barriers for enterprise development.
- Recommendation of new laws and amendments to create better enabling business environment.
- Development of regulatory impact assessment framework.
- Development of training materials for training of MSMEs.
Component 4 – Credit Guarantee & Access to Finance Services – This involves providing operationalization assistance to a credit guarantee scheme and initial handholding support through:
- Development of a Credit Guarantee Framework to facilitate access to Finance for MSMEs.
- Guidelines and SOP development for running the Credit Guarantee Facility.
- Hand-holding assistance, operationalization and initial performance management.
For further information on this project, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org